Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

UNM-Taos Accelerate Program

Hello Everyone,

My name is Fidel Torres.  I am the Career Technical Advisor for the UNM-Taos Accelerate Program.  I will be your Advisor to assist you with navigating the Accelerate Program, course schedule assistance, student support resource assistance opportunities, and the upcoming Math Camp.   I am here to assist you with any questions you may have about academics at UNM-Taos.  I am also here to direct you to resources that are available to you as a UNM-Taos student.  

Here is some information about my background.  I have been an Academic and Career Advisor in postsecondary education for over 14 years.  I have been involved with placement testing, student orientation, tutoring services, academic advisement, career advisement, job placement, and instruction of Math, University 101 courses, and Resume writing, interviewing techniques, and employment ethics courses.

The Accelerate Math Camp starts very soon.  At this time, Saturday, July 16, 2011 is the first day of Math Camp.  It will be at Northern New Mexico College in Espanola.  It will be every Saturday from July 16th to August 13th, 2011.  I will get you all more information on the program on Monday, July 11 via email.  I will plan a meeting for you all next week as a Meet & Greet Session.  

If you have any questions, please contact me at ftorre01@unm.edu.  I will have an active UNM extension next week and will forward that number to you once it is active.

Thank you,
Fidel


Fidel Torres
Career Technical Advisor
Accelerate Program
University of New Mexico-Taos
575-737-
575-737- (Fax)
ftorre01@unm.edu